[ARTICLE/TRANS] 170511 Herald Pop Interview - Sungjoo “I knew I would be a star if I make my debut” (PART 2)

May 12, 2017

Sungjoo said the reason why “The Liar and His Lover” is so special was because actors who were together with him. “It felt like I have met friends that will last for a lifetime,” he said with deep affection for each one of them.


About Lee Hyunwoo, Sungjoo said “Hyunwoo has taught me a lot. He gave us many tips as an experienced friend. I even played the role of Sorim while reading the script,” he said while giving an impromptu impersonation of Sorim on the set. Sungjoo said “Hyunwoo has given us a lot of acting parts as well. When I became nervous, my throat stiffened but he gave a rub on my back which made me feel touched,” he said while laughing.


Sungjoo and Hyunwoo, together with Shin Jaemin, Jang Kiyong, Lee Seowon and the rest of Crude Play members were close enough to plan trips together. Sungjoo said “We seemed to be playing all day,” he said. “If ‘The Liar and His Lover’ was a historical drama, our relationship could be different depending on the role of the drama but the members made it easier for each other,” he said.

Joy was Yoon Sorim herself. Yoon Sorim is a high school girl who has a vitamin voice in the drama. Sungjoo who liked the original version said “It goes well with the original character and her voice suits her well.” He continued saying “Joy’s vocal trainer and mine are the same, it’s Jang Jin hyung from ‘Unnies’. We have met a few times when I was active during promotions but through this opportunity, I’ve realized the true value of Joy’s abilities,” he said.

Sungjoo also lend his voice in “The Liar and His Lover”. He participated in Crude Play’s drama OST “Peterpan”, “In Your Eyes” and “I’m Okay”. Sungjoo is also the main vocal in boy group UNIQ. Sungjoo said “Peterpan is really good and the lyrics are fresh. Most of the lyrics these days are lively but it’s great to see lyrics that give off fresh charms after a long time,” he said.


“The Liar and His Lover” was time to showcase his talents that has been hidden all these while. After his debut in 2014, there was almost no activities done in Korea, therefore he was thirsty. Although the group has immersing popularity in China, however the release of films that were recently filmed were delayed due to international circumstances. Sungjoo said, "My 3rd year of debut is approaching, I have been waiting and was patient and I got a little relaxed," he said. "I was disappointed because I wanted to do something in the past, but now I feel relaxed. After I debuted, I thought I would become a star. When I debuted, I found that I had to ask for more and be better. It is my desire to work harder from now onwards. "

Sungjoo said “I want UNIQ to make a long-awaited comeback this year,” and continued saying “Although my thirst for ‘The Liar and His Lover’ is real, I had a lot of thoughts about singing and my desire of making a comeback is bigger than before. I’d also like to sing an OST for my next project and I’ll definitely grab hold of that opportunity,” he said. Sungjoo being active starts now.


Comments:
[+72, -0] Thank you for being Sihyunie on “The Liar and His Lover”. Although there are many new faces but everyone did a great job… the drama was more fun to watch because of these actorsㅎㅎ

[+55, -0] Sihyun-nim from “The Liar and His Lover” was totally cool and sexy ㅎㅎㅎㅎ And I found out that he’s a 94-liner.... ㄷㄷㅋㅋㅋㅋI was very happy that Sihyunie appeared in the drama!! I’m looking forward to your next project!

[+34, -0] Your drama acting is good and you also appeared to be good looking! I hope it gets better in the future!!!

[+16, -0] The shape of his eyes? Looks a lot like Park Seojoon-nim 

[+7, -0] I’m curious about Sorim’s impersonationㅎ I thought he was an actor because he acted so well. I will cheer for your comeback this year. I also like your collaboration stage with Sorim

[+9, -1] ㅎWho’s this? Should I search him up?

[+4, -0] I know Sungjoo-nim from “The Liar and His Lover”, he was such a cool and amazing person~ I’ve watched the drama well and it was amazing 

[+0, -0] Ohhh your vocal trainer and Joy’s vocal trainer are the same person…. You sang really well though..!


original article: here
trans: jiji (@wenjoox)
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OUT WITHOUT CREDITS.
Thank you. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.