[TRANS] 170406 HIGHCUT Magazine - Crude Play Interview (Sungjoo)

April 12, 2017


Sungjoo “I was confident enough to pass the audition. I like the original manhwa so much that I’ve read it more than 10 times”

Q: You have been mainly doing activities in China and this is your first time filming a drama in Korea. How do you feel?
SJ: Of course Korea is known for dramas. (smiles) Since the script is in my mother tongue, it’s really interesting and I like it. My parents are also happy to see me speaking in Korean. 

Q: How did you participate in “The Liar and His Lover”?
SJ: I got accepted during the audition. Actually I was confident enough to pass the audition. Originally I like the manhwa I bought it by recommendation and read it more than 10 times at home.

Q: This kind of behind the story! Does the director know about this?
SJ: No. During the audition, I was praised for my acting as if I was born with it. (smiles) So now during the filming set, the funds are showing up. The director kept saying “You looked quite smart during the audition set, so why are you like this during the filming set?”

Q: From fans’ perspective, what kind of impression does “The Liar and His Lover” gives?
SJ: You won’t be able to listen to the songs from the manhwa books. Besides the movie time is limited so the story moves on really fast. I think our drama has an advantage in that aspect.

Q: You’ve debuted as a singer. Is it much different when you’re singing and acting?
SJ: Singers use their head voice and my voice is used for the intent of delivering the message to others. In the drama, you’re required to talk to the person in front of you. The tone and volume are different as well.

Q: Have you ever dream of becoming an actor?
SJ: Yes, I’ve always dream of becoming a musical actor. I lost 20kg while eating egg whites when I was in Anyang. Ever since I lost weight, the world became different. I even received confessions. (smiles)

Q: You look meticulous and have executive ability.
SJ: I’m not good in studying but I’ve a knack in other aspects. At one point I had a dream of becoming a writer at MBC and they had a script writing contest and the title that I wrote was “Choco Chip Kingdom” however I was rejected. (smiles) Every martial arts novels were featured instead.

Q: Are you planning to travel back and forth while doing activities between Korea and China?
SJ: I would love to perform in Korea and do entertainment shows in China. (smiles) People in China laugh at me when they see me. I have previously filmed the Chinese version of “Laws of the Jungle” but I came out dressing in primitive outfits. Since I’m doing activities in Korea now, it’s good to get feedback from people around me. 

trans: jiji (@wenjoox) 
scans by 또림럽
Please do not take out without any credits. Thank you. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.