[TRANS] 161101 MD Interview - UNIQ Seungyoun "In the past being a broadcaster was my dream, if I join SNL.."

November 02, 2016
Boy group UNIQ Seungyoun is preparing himself in order to get close to the public. He has recently unleashed his hidden artistic talents that could attract everyone. Through this opportunity, he's planning to appear more frequently in variety shows. Last 31st on TVN's "TVNtainer", he was able to show many different outstanding talents. 


- Being brilliant in his role in "TVNtainer". 
▲ It was really fun. I've nervously and happily finished recording the show together with Jang Woohyuk sunbaenim and other big sunbaenims. Actually because Kim Gura sunbaenim and Seo Janghoon sunbaenim have cold personalities on TV so I was worried, "What should I do if I mistakenly say something wrong?" However they took good care of me during this filming and they're really amazing. Through this experience, I was able to be comfortable during the show. Just like the last time, it won't be systematic while talking but through "TVNtainer", I was able to grasp it more clearly than before. 

- What are your good traits?
▲ I am able to adapt quickly to whichever surroundings and whatever roles that I'm placed in. Although I'm not together with the people whom I know, but I'm able to find my role as quick as I can and unveil the use of the role that I'm in. Therefore I wish to unveil this part well through "TVNtainer." 

- Heard of the rumors that you had originally liked variety. 
▲ I really likes SNL Korea. My dream is to be one of the cast members for the next season. I've been liking variety more compared to cartoon movies since young. From the day "Infinite Challenge" was broadcasted was the day I became a fan of "Infinite Challenge". Actually when I was young, my dream was to be an entertainer rather than to be a singer. Although I knew how difficult it is to be an MC, I don't have any thoughts of becoming one as of yet but hopefully I can show the different sides of me though variety in the future.


- Previously you've been living as a trainee in YG. 
▲ I was a trainee in YG when I was 18 for one and a half years and I really learnt a lot of things. I learnt about rap and dance, I learnt about the system and my skills have increased a lot. By having the experiences and basics that I obtained at that time, then only I'll be able to grow better. 

- It was pitiful to be eliminated during "Show The Money 5".
▲ Although it was pitiful, but it was a good kind of stress. Throughout that short period of time, my skills increased tremendously and I can write a lot of lyrics in a fast pace and study them more. Although I'm still thinking of it but if I have the opportunity to appear on the next season, I will. Seems like I'll be only desperately digging when it comes to "Show Me The Money 5".

- Where did you get your source of inspiration for music?
▲ I love going to exhibitions. So whenever I feel tired while making music and I need a change of mood, I will go to exhibitions along with my friends. Once I put my focus and mind at the exhibition, I thought of questions like, "How is this being made?" "I wonder what are the thoughts contained while making this?" and explaining it based on my own perspective. After doing that, music inspirations will come through. 

- This year July 8th where your solo album is released under the artist name "Luizy", how would you evaluate yourself?
▲ Initially I thought of giving 7 points. Because it was a song that I've composed, so the first 5 points was based on my feelings towards the song itself. Then after evaluating, it was not bad so I decided to add another 2 more points to it. However, I still have many things to do in the future so I want to keep those remaining 3 points. 

- Heard of the rumors that there are many more various aspects besides music. 
▲ I was actually a football player. I was an athlete for 2 years while living in Brazil. But after having a dream of becoming a singer, I returned back to Korea to pursue music. And now, my friends and I have formed a crew in producing music. I hope to know more people that have the same interests besides music. 


original link: here
trans: jiji (@wenjoox) 
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OUT WITHOUT ANY CREDITS. Thank you.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.