[TRANS] 160513 Xiong Xiao Wen (Zhen Dong's Mom on "Magical Spacetime) talks about UNIQ Sungjoo

May 13, 2016
After working alongside with Song Qian (Victoria) on "Beautiful Secret", I've began to understood working habits of the Korean side, but the difference is that Song Qian is a Chinese and there were no language barriers. This time around, my "Korean son" is very fluent in Korean, so our acting were much anticipated by everyone.

To avoid the filming from further delay due to the difference in language and for our acting to be more comfortable and also to prevent distancing ourselves from each other due to the drama script given, I've memorized all of Sungjoo's lines in the script where both of us have the same scenes. In fact, I've made plans for my acting that I would slow down my speech to match my pace with other person's sense of language so that he could give back the most accurate response.

"Xiao Zhu Zi" (Little Pillar) is our nickname for him. He was such a delightful child! He's the youngest among our group of actors and even though his scenes were not that much, but those scenes requires a wide range of places like Beijing, Qingdao and Japan! After my "son" came, then only I realized the that I've worried too much, in fact "Little Pillar"'s Chinese is really good, I'm serious! He could actually do all those scenes and deliver all of his lines in Chinese, it's just that the director has considered him using his mother tongue so that it will be less burdensome in his acting, hence he still used Korean to deliver his lines. He inherits the advantages of Korean ceremonies and was really polite to others. The cutest thing was no matter which female colleagues he sees regardless of their age, he would shout, "hello jie jie! (older sister)" While for the male colleagues he would also shout out, "Hello ge ge! (older brother)" For a little rookie who has a sweet mouth and an appearance that rates over 90, "Mom" would also say: Zero Resistance!

Sungjoo's acting is very relaxed and it required very little energy to act, even when we were not filming he would also affectionately call me "Oh mom"! This made the life of our mother-and-son acting came out strong. While we were talking in private, he said he likes fruit pancakes and he's a Korean who had his eyes on Beijing. I could see that he is familiar with Beijing and his love for China as well.

If there's a sequel for this, I really anticipate to act alongside again with this cute Korean actor as mother and son! Furthermore, I believe too that he has good fate with shows and popularity in China.

Oh right! My "son" is really good in dancing! He sings really well too!  We talked about Hwang Chi Ang, Sungjoo likes him a lot and said if there's an opportunity he would like to appear on "I Am Singer" to give a song and dance performance. So let's leave a space for my "son" to shout out for Hong Tao teacher to notice him and have more female fans shout out for this understanding and hardworking Korean artist.







trans: jiji (@wenjoox)
original link: here
PLEASE TAKE OUT WITH CREDITS. Thank you.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.