[TRANS] 150524 KOREPO article: #UNIQ cut

May 24, 2015

original article: click here

"Respective interviews" for UNIQ, the most anticipated global idol group of year 2015! 
Variety of genres, members mutual love

Already popular in China as well as in Asia, UNIQ is the most anticipated group this year with 2 Korean & 3 Chinese members. They won the competition of 10000:1 and after going through 4 years of training, five members debuted on Oct 16, 2014.

Their group name is a combination of 'UNIQUE' = very unique in existence and 'UNICORN' = a myth creature, meaning they wanna become a unique existence in the music world. They have received many awards like '2015 Most Anticipated Group' and 'Most Potential Group'. They are chosen to be models of「独歩」only 2 months after debut. A really anticipated global idol group of the year!

Their first album PV exceeded 20 million views very rapidly which is quite rare for rookies. They're coming to Japan this July with outstanding charisma n unique performances. So we interviewed them for their first step in Japan.

******

Q: I heard UNIQ is a combination of UNIQ & UNICORN to show each member's unique color. Please introduce yourselves.
SJ: I have big eyes and sexy shoulders. I'm the leader SJ!
YB: I'm good at dancing, and people tell me I'm cool (good-looking) (laugh)
WH: I play many roles. I'm in for sports so I'm muscled, and have very attractive voice!
SY: Hello, I'm in charge of rap & vocal SY!
YX: Bass Rap, tall & long legs, the eldest, YX!

Q: Tell me about how the group was formed. Also you guys trained for long time before debut. Where and when did u practice?
SJ:A project 'UNIQ' was formed a few yrs ago, 3 Chinese & 2 Korean members were trained in respective country for long time. 2 years before debut, we lived together and practiced together in Korea.
WH: Chinese members were trained for 2 years in China, and came to Korea to practice together for another 2 years.

Q: What's the strength of the group?

SJ: Variety of music genres, and members get along really well so we enjoy music very naturally.
YB: Maybe visuals? (laugh) 
WH: Very good atmosphere 
SY: Talent 
YX: We can sing beautifully doing beatbox.

Q: You guys debuted in Oct 2014, how did you feel?
SJ: To be honest, I didn't realize it though I felt really good!
YB: Felt really great! I felt excited! 
WH: I was nervous inside but tried not to show it. 
SY: I couldn't realize it. 
YX:Nervous but exciting

Q: Producer of  FIL, Mr Shin Hyuk (doing SNSD, EXO, VIXX too), did he give you any advice?
SJ: He led us so that the song can well represent our individuality and our respective voice can be well expressed.

Q: Any episodes for MV shooting?
SJ: When filming FIL, I had to back-hug a female model, but I was too nervous and it looked like 'Arm-lock'(style in combat sport)
YB:We did so much face painting in "EOEO".
WH: In "EOEO" I wanted my eyebrows to be manly but it actually looked like Angry Birds(in action puzzle game) (laugh)
SY: It was still cold when filming "EOEO" but we sweat a lot because we danced a lot!
YX: In "EOEO" it was funny to paint on clothes & bodies! fluorescence
YX: In "EOEO" it was funny to paint fluorescence on clothes & faces!

Q: Being a group of 2 Koreans & 3 Chinese, any good points or any trouble?
SJ: Not any trouble in particular, rather it's an advantage to be able to promote in 2 languages! It's gonna be more fun to promote overseas!

Q: Any artist you are aiming at?
SJ: I wanna dominate Billboard with good songs like Bruno Mars. 
YB: Chris Brown 
WH: Usher
SY: No one in particular. Just wanna do my best. 
YX:Jay-Z

Q: How do you live now? In a dorm?
YX: We live in a dorm with managers.

Q: Do you assign roles like cooking or cleaning?
WH: None in particular. 
YX: Manager hyung does the cooking and we all clean up our rooms by ourselves.

Q: How do you spend days off?
All: Shopping & playing basketball!

Q: After promotions in China, you are now in various music programs, how do you feel?
SJ: After comeback, we've been performing on music programs and singing on stage live is most exciting!
SJ: After the comeback, we've been doing our stages on music programs, and singing on stage live is most exciting after all!

Q: Any difference between programs in China and those in Korea?
YB: No such difference. Both are fun! 
SY: Language is different (hahaha)!

Q: Finally you'll come to Japan in July for live show in Tokyo & Osaka. Please give PR and your determinations regarding activities in Japan.
YB: We'll do our best since it's our first time promoting in JPN. We wanna do many promotions in Japan too! 
YX: We'll strive to make it exciting

Q: Any place you wanna visit or wanna eat in Japan?
SJ: I wanna go to ONSEN (hot spring) and wanna eat local Japanese ramen!
YB: They say any food is good there so I wanna try everything. I also wanna go shopping!
WH: I wanna eat Sushi and Ramen. I wanna go to Akihabara, and Akita Prefecture (Northest part of Japan which is famous for hot spring with snow)
SY: Wanna go to Tokyo and wanna eat local Japanese ramen!
YX: Wanna eat sushi and ramen!

Q: You'll have more chances to come to Japan. Any activities that you wanna do with Japanese fans?
SY: Wanna do fansign event!
YX: Wanna go to sightseeing places and eat yummy local foods together!

Q: Lastly please a message for your Japanese fans!
YB: I love you (in Japanese). Pls support UNIQ!
WH: Wanna go to Japam often and meet many fans!
SY: Please support us by going foward! We'll strive to show you exciting stages so that we can reward your support! Thank you always. I love you!

Five members answered to the interviews very lively, looking forward to their promotions in Japan! High expectations for UNIQ whose height is over 180cm for all members and charismatic visuals! They're sure to capture hearts of fans in Japan!

(T/N: My friend did the translations instead because I can't Japanese lol so I did the editing and spell check error instead keke)

trans: miyabi (@SJ0216_UNIQ)
edits / spell check error: jiji (@wenjoox)

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OUT WITHOUT CREDITS. Thank you. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.