[TRANS] 160805 BNT News Interview - Seungyoun & Flowsik

August 09, 2016



Q: In your opinion, what is your favourite concept after finishing this magazine photoshoot?
SY: The concept in the beginning where I was drinking soju with hyung is really good.

Q: The last concept showed a relationship with BNT and actress Song Chae Yoon came to help with the photoshoot. How do you feel about it?

SY: It is my first having a photoshoot together with a female, no matter how the concept is but skinship is still required so therefore I’m really nervous but thank goodness she led me on well. It looks like it came out naturally so I feel good about it.

Q: The collaboration that you both did for “RECIPE” has begun its release. Please introduce the type of music this song has.
SY: In the beginning it started off with an orchestra choir sound that stood out magnificently. There’s also the combination of my high pitched tone together with Flowsik hyung’s low pitched tone mixed together and was blended harmoniously. It is a charming song.

Q: During SMTM5 “1:1 Battle” and Flowsik was chosen, so Flowsik how do you feel about it?
FS: At that time, I don’t know who Seungyoun was. (Laughs together)
SY: I knew hyung.
FS: Although I felt very sorry but I just came back from America and I don’t know anything. (Laughs) It’s just when I heard that someone chose me, I looked up and it was Seungyoun. When the both of us practiced together Seungyoun was seriously amazing. To be honest, I was a little worried so I thought of working even harder.

Q: Then why did Seungyoun choose Flowsik?
SY: I was wearing a “elimination crisis” medal and I thought to myself that I can’t be continuing on the wrong path. At that time I thought that I shouldn’t be choosing someone who has the same “elimination crisis” as me but to choose someone who really has strong skills instead. Compared to the battle itself, I just want to come up with something like a performance, appearing together with Flowsik hyung who has the best skills.

Q: Do you have any kind of thoughts whereby if both really did well then both could have passed?
SY: To be honest, I would be lying if I said that it totally didn’t cross my mind. At that time, there were many people that made mistakes, the waiting room was filled with people too due to the discussion of whether the eliminated ones will have another revival battle or not. Even so, I can’t be eliminated just because I made mistakes or I didn’t do well enough. So I guess I’m fortunate, because if it wasn’t for the latter it would be really regretful.

Q: The audiences of SMTM5 said that both eliminations are too regretful. What are your opinions regarding this?
SY: Even though it’s not a lot, but I felt really happy because there are people like this. Just like the situation that I was in, who initially couldn’t be on stage and received an incomplete result. Rapping alone on the show for the first time made me feel happy.



Q: Flowsik is a member of Aziatix, Seungyoun is a member of UNIQ?
FS: I want to be in UNIQ now.
SY: Uh??!?
FS: I was joking.

[Flowsik who impulsively annouced that he’s leaving Aziatix]

(laughs together)

Q: Very curious to know when did the opportunity to rap started.
SY: At first I just wanted to sing, but after listening to Dynamic Duo sunbaenim’s songs, I started having interests towards hiphop and other underground music and I thought it was really charming. Then little by little I began to understand and learn and gradually having the desire (to rap) and later on participated in the audition. I watched about 40-50 times and finally entered into my current company and after 2 years debuting under UNIQ. 


Q: Comparing both UNIQ’s Seungyoun and Rapper Cho Seungyoun, how do you feel about group activities and solo activities?
SY: My group and I have a relationship that cannot be separated. UNIQ is one part of me and I’m one part of UNIQ, and I think these things are going to be helpful to each other.

Q: Future plans for Rapper Seungyoun and UNIQ?
SY: Other than “RECIPE” that has been released, other variety of music are in the midst of preparation, the group’s comeback are in the midst of preparation too!

Q: What’s the opportunity coming out to perform on SMTM5?
SY: I initially wanted to participate last year, but due to group activities therefore I was unable to participate. Luckily this year the members have their own individual activities in China while I wish to showcase my music to everyone so that’s how I participated in it.

Q: Are there any plans for SMTM6?
FS: I’m not going to participate in the next season. (laughs)

Q: You need to win once. A new challenge will have improvements.
SY: Actually, I don’t know either. Because this was an opportunity from my favourite show, so I’m kind of distressed over it. If I’m going to start on the opportunity given this time, there are lots of work need to be done and there are lots of work contents too. The heart will grow big, so I’m still unsure whether I could follow up with the season.

Q: During the filming for SMTM5, which member left the deepest impression on you?
FS: Bewhy. He’s a rapper that totally immerse himself in music and doesn’t care about his surroundings.
SY: Of course it’s Flowsik hyung!
FS: Except of me. (laughs)
SY: Cjamm. During the cypher mission, he sat in front of me when the car was moving. Although previously I knew about him, but because of his hairstyle, his personality made him even more outstanding. But there’s nothing to say about his rap.

Q: How was the atmosphere of the filming? The audiences who saw it expressed that it was warmer than the previous season.
SY: It was really warm. I didn’t get to watch the previous season so I couldn’t compare but it was really cheerful. The only bad atmosphere was SuperB and Leellamarz but overall the others were all in good terms with one another.
FS: That friend was also joking. (laughs)
SY: That time I had no idea what the situation was all about and I even thought, “Did they really fight?” (laughs) Other than this there were none. Actually for a show like SMTM5 needs to have a little drama like this because everyone is kind-hearted since there were no drama.

Q: After the show broadcast it looks like a lot of people began to know about you. How do you feel about this?
SY: Actually once I wear my cap and wipe away the makeup then I will be unrecognisable. (laughs) Even so, I’m happy that many came to know me compared to before.
FS: Even so Seungyoun has 1 million fans on Weibo, I can never catch up to him.
SY: (laughs) Even so, hyung is still taking the lead on Instagram.

Q: 1 million is seriously amazing. What is the secret to it?
FS: Because Seungyoun is handsome, his skills are good and his dance is awesome.

Q: So apparently you need to be handsome.
SY: No, hyung is more handsome and cool (than me).

Q: Why do you have to slay Flowsik twice a row? (laughs)
SY: That’s how I think. (laughs)

Q: Are there any rappers that you’ve gotten close with recently?
SY: This time I’ve gotten close with Taewoon hyung and One hyung!

Q: Do you have any role models?
SY: My role model changes frequently all the time, there are a lot of things which I wanted to do and there are a lot of things which I wanted to showcase to everyone too, so it seems a little difficult if I were to determine a specific someone.

Q: Who is your favourite musician?
SY: I like Kendrick Lamar, Chance the Rapper and Chris Brown. During my training period I’ve tried not to listen to non-Korean songs for a period of time and that’s when I started to take interests in them.

Q: Is there a favourite or inspirational song that you like?
SY: When I want to take a rest of calm myself down, the song that I will listen to is Seonwoo Jeonga’s”그러려니 (Stay Put)”. One of the lyrics said, “the people that I’m able to meet decreases, the people that I miss increases”, such words brings a lot of sympathy. It looks like it can calm a person down thus that’s why I like it.

Q: Are there any musicians that you would like to collaborate with?
SY: Although there are many, but recently I want to try collaborating with Crush hyung and Dean hyung. If I were to go overseas I would like to collaborate with Chris Brown.

Q: Please tell us what kind of music would you like to do in the future.
SY: Although I do not know how the future looks like, but now I would like to have hiphop as my foundation to create different varieties of music.

Q: Lastly, please say a few words towards your fans.
SY: Everyone, you guys have been waiting for our comeback for a very long time. But because we have lots of activities overseas, that’s why it feels like a situation where the waiting period continues. During this time, I’m very happy to be able to greet everyone back with a solo. This solo collaboration with Flowsik hyung has produced a lot of self-confidence within me. In future I will be back frequently with a better music for everyone, thus it will be great if everyone can anticipate this. Thank you everyone.

original link: here
trans: jiji (@wenjoox)
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OUT WITHOUT ANY CREDITS.
Thank you.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.